Fat & Happy | Feb 26, 2022
Time & Location
About the Event
Courses include gravel and paved roadways.
All bikes are welcome and invited to participate, but there are 2 bike categories.
- Fat Bikes
- All Other Bikes | including but not limited to gravel bikes, mountain bikes, ebikes, unicyles, etc.
For registrations that include a T-shirt, registering after 2/12/22 will NOT guarantee a shirt on event day. Registrations after this date will need to pick up their shirts post-event. No medals included. Ebikes (electric bikes) can NOT participate in the fat bike category and must select "all other bikes" when registering.
- Early Bird (through 2/5/22) | Short Course $50; Long Course $55
- Regular (2/6/22 through 2/25/22) | Short Course $65; Long Course $70
- Race Day (2/26/22) | Short Course $80; Long Course $85
No shirt option = above price less $10. If selecting this option, please ONLY select "No Shirt" on registration form.
2XL shirt option = above price plus $16. If selecting this option, please ONLY select "2XL Shirt" on registration form.
Packet pick-up is available on race day at the event location.
Schedule of Events
- 8:00am | Park opens
- 8:05-8:40am | Race day registration + packet pick-up
- 8:50am | Announcements
- 8:55am | National anthem
- 9:00am | Long course begins
- 9:10am | Short course begins
- 10:30am | Short course awards
- 11:00am | Long course awards
- 12:00pm | Event ends + course closes
To park at this event location, the Minnesota state parks department policy requires you to have a Washington County Park permit or a 1-day park permit to Square Lake Park. A day pass costs $7.00 and can be purchased at the Washington County Website (recommended) or via the park attendent on event day.
Although we will have volunteers and all corners will be marked, it is the athlete’s responsibility to know the course. All roads are OPEN ROADS—which means vehicle traffic (including farm equipment) will be sharing these roads with us. In case of snowfall on race day*, maintenance vehicles (snow plows) will have the right of way to clear the roads for vehicle traffic. As a race participant, it is your responsibility to be aware of your surroundings/traffic at all times. For visibility purposes, we highly recommend a flashing red light on the back of your bike. The more visible you are, the better!
*we may want to consider “weather delay” in these situations
This event is being timed/managed by us. Results can be viewed here after the race.
Awards will be given to overall male, overall female, and the top 2 in each male/female age category. Only those registered in the Fat Bike category are eligible for awards. All other bikes (including ebikes) are not eligible.
- Short | Early Bird$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0
- Short | Early Bird | No Shirt$40+$1 Service fee$40+$1 Service fee0$0
- Short | Early Bird | 2XL Tee$66+$1.65 Service fee$66+$1.65 Service fee0$0
- Long | Early Bird$55+$1.38 Service fee$55+$1.38 Service fee0$0
- Long | Early Bird | No Shirt$45+$1.13 Service fee$45+$1.13 Service fee0$0
- Long | Early Bird | 2XL Tee$71+$1.78 Service fee$71+$1.78 Service fee0$0